Friday, August 28, 2015

Spread It!



Our neighbors are camp hosts in Oregon for the summer from May through September.  I am taking care of their three horses, feeding them twice a day and putting eye drops and salve in one of their eyes twice a day.

I am amazed at how big these guy’s are and how much they eat.

They also relieve themselves a lot and this is the point of my story.

The neighbor has a little tractor and manure spreader.  Patti drives it, I fill it, and Patti spreads it.

The tractor is a Sears and my Dad always told me “Sears stands behind everything they sell except their manure spreaders, they stand beside those.”

Well I stand beside it as well.

As I fill and the spreader and watch Patti spread it, I am reminded that this is what we do with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

We have an unlimited supply and we spread the Gospel wherever we go.

Some of it takes hold, some of it falls on deaf ears, some lays dormant before taking hold.

We continue to spread the Good News but some people see it as just so much manure.

Paul says The message about the cross is nonsense to those who are being destroyed, but it is God's power to us who are being saved.
1Corinthians  1:18  

We continue therefore to spread the never ending supply of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to those in the darkness around us.

Unlike the guarantee from Sears,  God stands behind us, promising us that nothing on this earth, above this earth or under this earth can ever take us from him.

When we spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ we are preparing the non believer for the Holy Spirit which will lead them to Christ.

Enjoy your summer, see how much you can spread!

Blessings,

Pastor Steve

No comments: